Orangeburg County's Community Development Division encompasses the Planning, Addressing, Grants, and Zoning Departments. These offices are dedicated to bettering the entire County through a cooperative effort. The Community Development Division is located inside the Orangeburg County Administrative Centre at 1437 Amelia Street.
What does the Community Development Division do?
- Process applications for zoning permits, subdivision of land, rezoning, planned developments, variance requests, special exception requests, site plan review, and appeal of administrative decisions.
- Assist municipalities in preparing comprehensive plans and land development regulations.
- Review and approve subdivision plats in compliance with Orangeburg County development regulations.
- Coordinate with police, fire and emergency services departments to assure accuracy, consistency and agreement of addresses, street names and any newly annexed properties for use by the 9-1-1 emergency system.
- Analyze U.S. Census and statistical data.
- Assist in region-wide transportation planning.
- Enforce county ordinance related to land use and tree protection.
- Protect the County's natural and man-made environments.
- Plan for the efficient and attractive future development of Orangeburg County.
- Provide support and expertise to members of the Orangeburg County Planning Commission and Board of Zoning Appeals.
- Conduct studies to develop background information for plans.
|Vanette T. Green||(803) 531-2928|
|Earline Robinson||(803) 533-6169|
|Neosha F. Jones||(803) 533-6167|
|Odell Waddell||(803) 533-6166|