Veterans Affairs


The Veterans Affairs (VA) Office assists veterans and their dependents in filing applications to determine their basic eligibility and conditions of benefit entitlement as administered by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. This include the following for claims submitted to the Department of Veterans Affairs:

  • Development
  • Preparation
  • Presentation
  • Prosecution
  • Research


The Veterans Affairs Office provides:

  • Assist in filing annuity applications for surviving spouses of military
  • Assistance in the preparation and filing of claims
  • Coordinate volunteer drivers to transport veterans to the Dorner VA Medical Centr, Columbia, South Carolina
  • Coordinate with other local and state agencies to render advice and assistance to veterans, their dependents and survivors
  • Help veterans to file applications for the review of discharge or the correction of military records
  • Provide applications for obtaining a Certificate of Eligibility which is required to secure a VA Home Loan Certificate
  • Record and maintain veterans military discharge (DD Form 214) according to South Carolina Code Section 30-2-50 and 30-2-50 (A)

Need a Ride? 

VA Now offers transportation for veterans to Dorn VAMC, Columbia. Call (803) 531-1859 to schedule a ride to Dorn VAMC. Veterans can claim travel with the VA when using this system.

Orangeburg transportation only runs on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Passenger pick up is located on Carolina Ave. and opens at 6am. 

Holly Hill transportation only runs on Thursdays.  Passenger Pickup is located on 8423 Old State Rd, Holly Hill, SC.