Marriage Licenses are issued Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. The fee for a Marriage License is $40. Marriage License fees must be paid in cash. South Carolina law requires a 24-hour waiting period from the time of application.
If you would like to know more about Marriage License laws, please visit: South Carolina State House.
Requirements to Apply for a Marriage License
- Picture Identification (Driver’s License, ID Card, etc.)
- A valid driver’s license
- A valid SC. identification card issued by the SC. Highway Department
- Current military identification card
- Social Security Card. If you do not have a Social Security Card, acceptable forms of identification are:
- Alien Identification Number (if you do not have a Social Security Number)
- Brides and Grooms - Both the bride and groom must be present to apply
- Brides/Grooms under 18 - There are special requirements for brides/grooms under the age of 18. Please contact the court for additional information.
- $40 Cash or money order.
Marriage Ceremonies may be performed at the Orangeburg Probate Court by appointment only.
Please contact the Probate Court for scheduling.