Frequently Asked Questions
- How much notice must be given before either the landlord or the tenant can end the rental agreement?
- What happens to the security deposit if the landlord sells the place you are renting?
- I can't afford to have my water turned on right now; can I be forced to move out?
- If I have not paid my rent, can the landlord take any of my property?
- Can my landlord evict me for complaining about the condition of my apartment?
- Can my landlord evict me if I am criminally convicted for breaking the law in my home?
- Can the landlord refuse to make repairs if I'm late or behind in paying rent?
- What can the landlord do if I damage his property?
- Does the law help me if I have been discriminated against in renting an apartment?
- Is there any limit to how much rent I can be charged?