About the Bookmobile:
The Orangeburg County Library System provides bookmobile service to ensure that residents of Orangeburg County have access to public library materials and services. It’s a fun and effective way to reach those who cannot travel to their public library!
The Orangeburg County Bookmobile supports the lifelong learning needs of the community by providing equal access to library materials and services. As an extension of the Orangeburg County Library System, we foster a lifetime love of reading and education.
The Bookmobile offers books, DVDs and audiobooks for all ages, storytimes, free Wi-Fi, and assistance with finding information and navigating eResources. Items borrowed on the Bookmobile may be returned to any library branch within the Orangeburg County Library System.
Using the Bookmobile:
The bookmobile is a library on wheels!! The Orangeburg County Library Bookmobile service is free! Library cardholders can pick up requested materials, return items, and checkout resources such as books and videos. Orangeburg County residents may board the truck to choose materials for check-out. We offer over 3500 items including children’s picture books, fiction and nonfiction books for children, teens, and adults (including large print), audiobooks, DVDs, Wi-Fi, and Overdrive assistance (eBook and audiobook downloads). Bookmobile staff can place holds and take requests for materials not available on the Bookmobile.
On The Bookmobile:
- New or replacement cards available.
- Items checked out may be kept for 28 days or the next return visit to that location.
- Items may be returned to the Bookmobile or any Orangeburg County Library system branch.
- In order to accommodate the limited mobility of many of our Bookmobile and Outreach patrons, no overdue fines are charged, and checked-out materials will be renewed.
- The Bookmobile does not carry cash. Payment in exact form can be accepted but change will not be available.
- Patrons can also request materials to be brought to them at their next scheduled visit.
The schedule is posted on the Bookmobile, on the website, in the Orangeburg County Library, and on the Orangeburg County Library’s Facebook page. A scheduled stop may be discontinued due to low use, safety considerations, or violations of library policies.
You may email or call us with questions regarding our Bookmobile service. Email may lead to a faster response as we’re on the road most of the day.
Bookmobile Email - email@example.com
Bookmobile Phone - 803-539-2064