Information regarding a tax sale can be provided through a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Request. Please be very specific regarding the information you would like to obtain. Before making an FOIA request, please read the following important information:
- Information obtained through an FOIA request cannot be used for commercial solicitation. See South Carolina Code of Laws Section 30-2-50.
- A FOIA request form must be submitted to:
Orangeburg County Delinquent Tax Collector
P. O. Drawer 9000
Orangeburg, SC 29116.
- You will be given an appointment to review the requested information with an assigned staff person.
- If you are doing research to obtain overage information, please be aware that Orangeburg County does not issue any overage checks to a third party. Any funds you receive either through written or verbal agreement from the defaulting taxpayer will be paid directly to you from the defaulting taxpayer and not the Delinquent Tax Collector Office. Overage checks will be made payable to the last owner of record prior to the end of redemption. If multiple people are listed as owners, then the check will be listed in all of the owner’ name, or listed to an estate, if the estate was the last owner of record.
- If you have a more current address you may provide that information to the Delinquent Tax Collector office and we will send a overage claim form to them.