Who do I contact if I get bitten by an animal?

Seek immediate medical attention. If a citizen witnesses a dog or cat attacking a person, notify the rabies control officer in the health department (South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control can be reached at 803-898-3432) or Animal Control Office to receive instructions as to what to do. Remember, “Rabies Kills” - no bite should be ever considered minor!

Show All Answers

1. What office should be called to report animal complaints?
2. What should be done with dead animals?
3. What should be done with an injured or wounded animal?
4. Does Orangeburg County have a leash law?
5. Who do I contact if I get bitten by an animal?
6. Do dogs and cats have to be vaccinated for rabies?
7. Does Orangeburg County Animal Control have dog and cat traps available for the public to use to capture stray animals?
8. Who removes and handles wildlife such as ducks, raccoons, snakes, etc.?
9. Can I surrender my animal to Animal Control and is there a fee?
10. Does Orangeburg County have an adoption program?
11. Does Animal Control spay or neuter pets?