ORANGEBURG COUNTY FORFEITED LAND COMMISSION (FLC)
Orangeburg County Forfeited Land Commission is conducting an auction, by way of sealed bid, on properties in its inventory.† The auction period will be from April 2, 2018 until May 15, 2018.† The FLC will only be accepting bids on properties on the bid list (www.orangeburgcounty.org/flc/list).† You can view a map of the properties at http://gis2.orangeburgcounty.org/flc .† Each property must be listed on a separate bid form (www.orangeburgcounty.org/flc/form).† Bids must be submitted in person at:
County Administration Building
1437 Amelia St.
Or by mail (postmarked on or before the bid closing date) to:
Orangeburg County Purchasing
PO Box 9000
Orangeburg SC, 29116-9000
GUIDELINES FOR PURCHASING FLC PROPERTY
1. Bids will be accepted only on FLC properties on the current bid list.
2. Properties may be removed from the bid list without notice.
3. FLC will not accept bids on property until all research and review of the sale has been completed.
4. Bids may be submitted Monday thru Friday from 8:30 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.
5. FLC will consider all bids but reserves the right to refuse any bid.
6. The property will be awarded to the highest acceptable bid received, which includes applicable fees, costs, and deed preparation.
7. FLC will not contact a bidder if another bid is received (higher or lower).
8. FLC will notify the successful bidder as soon as possible. The total amount due will also purchase, deed preparation and recording fees. The bidder must provide a cashierís check or a money order to satisfy the amount due.
9. The successful bidder must pay the full amount due within 2 weeks.
10. A bidder does not have the right to go on these properties until the sale from FLC is complete and a deed has been filed in the Clerk of Courtís office and issued to you.
11. Mobile homes located on the real property are not included in the sale. FLC will not be responsible for the removal of any personal property and/or dilapidated improvements found on the real property.